Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COMEY "ALLOWED" TO TESTIFY......

COMEY "ALLOWED" TO TESTIFY......

Like Donald Trump was going to commit political suicide and block him, right? It's going to be interesting to see how many beans Comey does spill given the impending Mueller investigation. I'm sure there's no greater priority at the WH right now than planning for the fallout. This is going to be good.......

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...comey-testify/
    Register or log in to view signatures!

Yup. No spurious claims of executive privilege like those invoked by BHO on behalf of Eric Holder.

It's interesting that Trump blocking Comey would have been political suicide... but allowing him to testify is not? So I guess you admit this testimony is a nothing-burger?

QuoteOriginally Posted by CheapSeats View Post
    Yup. No spurious claims of executive privilege like those invoked by BHO on behalf of Eric Holder.
    Yes, and we recall vividly how outraged RH was about that.

That said, if Trump is guilty of anything, I want it exposed. I'm sick of letting our ruling class off on the "but he's on our side" defense.

QuoteOriginally Posted by 85cards View Post

That said, if Trump is guilty of anything, I want it exposed. I'm sick of letting our ruling class off on the "but he's on our side" defense.
    I agree that if he or anyone in his campaign violated the law, they should be prosecuted. However, thus far the evidence of criminal conduct is lacking entirely on Trump and overwhelming against the leakers who are seeking to undermine his administration.

I look forward to seeing how many US citizens the BHO admin unmasked and why a UN Ambassador would have any business seeking unmasked names.

QuoteOriginally Posted by 85cards View Post

Agreed. Let's get to the bottom of this....one way or the other.

I agree that if he or anyone in his campaign violated the law, they should be prosecuted. However, thus far the evidence of criminal conduct is lacking entirely on Trump and overwhelming against the leakers who are seeking to undermine his administration.

I look forward to seeing how many US citizens the BHO admin unmasked and why a UN Ambassador would have any business seeking unmasked names.
    Oh, but little lying Susan Rice was a "national security adviser."

QuoteOriginally Posted by John D View Post
    Oh, but little lying Susan Rice was a "national security adviser."

I fail to see where this has relevance in the current discussion. Please stay on task.....!!

Lindsay Graham points out fatal flaw in Trump-Tussia collision conspiracy theory:

I don't believe Trump colluded with the Russians because I don't think he colludes with his own staff.

Lindsay Graham points out fatal flaw in Trump-Tussia collision conspiracy theory:
    Ha ha......quite possibly! Frankly, I dont think Trump openly sought Russian assistance. I think, if anything, they came to him and being the amoral political rube he is...he acquiesced. I DO think he has Russian business ties he's hiding via his non-disclosed tax returns. Even there, no illegality may exist but would likely shock the populace and embarrass him hugely. I just want to get to the bottom. Don't you?

QuoteOriginally Posted by RHinSD View Post
    Ha ha......quite possibly! Frankly, I dont think Trump openly sought Russian assistance. I think, if anything, they came to him and being the amoral political rube he is...he acquiesced. I DO think he has Russian business ties he's hiding via his non-disclosed tax returns. Even there, no illegality may exist but would likely shock the populace and embarrass him hugely. I just want to get to the bottom. Don't you?
    If there is no criminal conduct, then there is nothing to investigate, but it is nice of you to admit that your goal is just to embarrass Trump.

If there is no criminal conduct, then there is nothing to investigate, but it is nice of you to admit that your goal is just to embarrass Trump.
    Useful idiots on the Left often perform that sort of service, if you can stomach dealing with their drivel long enough for them to disclose it.

We'll just never know until Special Counsel Mueller investigates EVERY detail....now will we? Besides I don't embarrass Trump.....only he does that.

I wonder how much tweet vomit President Trump will be spewing before, during, and after Comey's testimony tomorrow. Any bets? He just cant stand NOT being the center of attention, can he.....ha, ha!

We'll just never know until Special Counsel Mueller investigates EVERY detail....now will we? Besides I don't embarrass Trump.....only he does that.
    Funny how that is only the standard when applied to the GOP.

Funny how that is only the standard when applied to the GOP.

If I didn't know better I'd say you have a partisan view on this matter. Currently, "owning" the three branches of government should give GOPers every opportunity to apply the same standard to Dems....no?

Get crackin'....!

If I didn't know better I'd say you have a partisan view on this matter. Currently, "owning" the three branches of government should give GOPers every opportunity to apply the same standard to Dems....no?

Get crackin'....!
    You are the one with the clear partisan view. You (and the MSM) were completely silent about BHO's abuses. Notably, the Dems in Congress ran interference for BHO and his minions, rather than seeking the truth. As you admit, the GOP controls all 3 branches of government, yet these hearings are proceeding.

You are the one with the clear partisan view. You (and the MSM) were completely silent about BHO's abuses. Notably, the Dems in Congress ran interference for BHO and his minions, rather than seeking the truth. As you admit, the GOP controls all 3 branches of government, yet these hearings are proceeding.
    The Dems in Congress have been the minority for many years now, yet, GOPers do and have done nothing to pursue your heinous acts. The MSM doesn't investigate and prosecute crimes....the DOJ does.....and the GOP currently owns it.

So, quit making excuses and get crackin'....or STFU.
    Last edited by RHinSD; 06-07-2017 at 12:13 PM.

The Dems in Congress have been the minority for many years now, yet, GOPers do and have done nothing to pursue your heinous acts. The MSM doesn't investigate and prosecute crimes....the DOJ does.....and the GOP currently owns it.

So, quit making excuses and get crackin'....or STFU.
    You are simply wrong. The Dems controlled the Senate for 6 of the 8 years BHO was in office and they controlled all branches the first 2 years. However, rather than investigating BHO's abuses, they enabled and excused them. Quite the contrast to how GOPers are treating Trump.

The GOP can no longer impeach BHO or any of his minions. The Dems and BHO's continued obstruction successfully ran out the clock. As far as crimes, not everything that is inexcusable as policy is a crime. I do think that there are crimes which should be prosecuted - HRC's private server, Learner's violations and Holder's perjury among others.

You are simply wrong. The Dems controlled the Senate for 6 of the 8 years BHO was in office and they controlled all branches the first 2 years. However, rather than investigating BHO's abuses, they enabled and excused them. Quite the contrast to how GOPers are treating Trump.

The GOP can no longer impeach BHO or any of his minions. The Dems and BHO's continued obstruction successfully ran out the clock. As far as crimes, not everything that is inexcusable as policy is a crime. I do think that there are crimes which should be prosecuted - HRC's private server, Learner's violations and Holder's perjury among others.

You are simply wrong. By your account above the GOP owned the Senate for two years and the House for six years of the BHO tenure. PLENTY of time to get a-crackin'. But no....you rather blame the MSM, as if they run government, for non-prosecution of your grievances. Put your big-boy pants on, Cheap, quit making excuses and start prosecuting your tormenters of today and the past. You have ALL the necessary tools at your disposal for another year and a-half, at least. Or STFU.......

Cheap,
    I'm less charitable towards politicians motivations than you are. The reason Republicans are no longer interested in going after alleged crimes of the Obama administration is not because they are out of power, can't be impeached, etc. Rather it is because discussions and investigations of these scandals have served their purpose. Republicans are in power. It's a myth that there's any real difference between Republicans and Democrats. They are both part of the political class. Republicans would rather not break the unwritten rule and give cause for Democrats to hard after criminal prosecutions of Republicans. They much prefer keeping it so in the court of public opinion.

QuoteOriginally Posted by maest View Post
    Cheap,
    I'm less charitable towards politicians motivations than you are. The reason Republicans are no longer interested in going after alleged crimes of the Obama administration is not because they are out of power, can't be impeached, etc. Rather it is because discussions and investigations of these scandals have served their purpose. Republicans are in power. It's a myth that there's any real difference between Republicans and Democrats. They are both part of the political class. Republicans would rather not break the unwritten rule and give cause for Democrats to hard after criminal prosecutions of Republicans. They much prefer keeping it so in the court of public opinion.
    I disagree that there are no real differences between the parties and I think you underestimate the massive overreaches and dishonesty of the BHO admin. I also disagree that any of these issues really played a role in putting GOPers in power because they never really broke though the full court defense provided by the MSM. Dems lost because the Stimulus failed and to a much larger degree, Obamacare is a disaster.

I do agree with you thoughts on the unwritten rule. However, it shouldn't apply to Lerner. Her actions were criminal and are exactly the type of abuses committed by the permanent bureaucracy which need to be stopped. Further, those abuses are almost always committed against GOPers so there is no incentive not to take her down.

You are simply wrong. By your account above the GOP owned the Senate for two years and the House for six years of the BHO tenure. PLENTY of time to get a-crackin'. But no....you rather blame the MSM, as if they run government, for non-prosecution of your grievances. Put your big-boy pants on, Cheap, quit making excuses and start prosecuting your tormenters of today and the past. You have ALL the necessary tools at your disposal for another year and a-half, at least. Or STFU.......
    Much of this does not encompass criminal offenses. I don't think the BHO admin broke laws leading to Benghazi (the cover up might e another matter). I don't knwo that laws were broken, beyond Holder committing perjury in Fast and Furious. BHO's DOJ declined to enforce the contempt order against him and it would need to be addressed by the new Congress. The massive surveillance and unmasking of US citizens is only now coming to light. Again, this may not violate criminal statutes, but it is still an abuse of power.

Comey's written statement to the Committee indicates that Trump is not under personal investigation (and confirms this was discussed with Trump at least 3 times.

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...mey-060817.pdf

Comey's written statement to the Committee indicates that Trump is not under personal investigation (and confirms this was discussed with Trump at least 3 times.

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...mey-060817.pdf

Splendid! Then I wonder why Trump was so paranoid?

Much of this does not encompass criminal offenses. I don't think the BHO admin broke laws leading to Benghazi (the cover up might e another matter). I don't knwo that laws were broken, beyond Holder committing perjury in Fast and Furious. BHO's DOJ declined to enforce the contempt order against him and it would need to be addressed by the new Congress. The massive surveillance and unmasking of US citizens is only now coming to light. Again, this may not violate criminal statutes, but it is still an abuse of power.
    Abuses of power, regardless of the Party doing them, is regrettable in almost all cases. Its a shame its the way it works in our government.

Splendid! Then I wonder why Trump was so paranoid?
    Assumes facts not in evidence.

Assumes facts not in evidence.
    Asking Comey if he was under personal investigation....yet? Asking Comey for allegiance while hanging his job over his head? Asking Comey to back off Flynn? Then...only firing Comey, after five months in office, once he got the wrong answers to the above? QUITE odorous....I'd say, no? Let's see what Comey actually says tomorrow....let's see what he's ALLOWED to say by Mueller.

The Comey statement essentially blows up every assumption underlying the Dems' and MSM's conspiracy thory.

The Comey statement essentially blows up every assumption underlying the Dems' and MSM's conspiracy thory.
    Facts not in evidence. Isn't the hearing tomorrow? Jumping to conclusions again there, Cheap...

Facts not in evidence. Isn't the hearing tomorrow? Jumping to conclusions again there, Cheap...
    The statement discusses the scope and nature of the investigation. The fact that Trump is not under investigation essentially rules out collusion. If you take that away, what is it you think is left?

There is a reason the Dems today are asking questions which can't be answered and consistently interrupting to keep answers harmful to their conspiracy theories from being offered.

Peculiar statements from a sitting President to the incumbent FBI Director.....no?

“The President said, ‘I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.”’ Comey said in prepared remarks released Wednesday, a day before his highly anticipated testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee. “I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed. We simply looked at each other in silence.”

I wonder what he needed all that loyalty for? You don't think The Donald had stuff to hide....do you? I mean, it almost appears he was hanging Comey's job over his head if he answered inadequately. Do you see it the same way...?

I wonder if The Donald just asked the same questions of his "new" FBI Director appointee? Naaaaa....he wouldn't do that because that would be unscrupulous........
    Last edited by RHinSD; 06-07-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Peculiar statements from a sitting President to the incumbent FBI Director.....no?

“The President said, ‘I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.”’ Comey said in prepared remarks released Wednesday, a day before his highly anticipated testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee. “I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed. We simply looked at each other in silence.”

I wonder what he needed all that loyalty for? You don't think The Donald had stuff to hide....do you? I mean, it almost appears he was hanging Comey's job over his head if he answered inadequately. Do you see it the same way...?

I wonder if The Donald just asked the same questions of his "new" FBI Director appointee? Naaaaa....he wouldn't do that because that would be unscrupulous........
    Why would a political newbee being besieged by leaks from BHO-era holdovers be concerned about loyalty from a BHO-era holdover? Really, it's a mystery.

Again, this is all in the context of Comey telling Trump at least 3 times he was not under investigation.

Why would a political newbee being besieged by leaks from BHO-era holdovers be concerned about loyalty from a BHO-era holdover? Really, it's a mystery.

Again, this is all in the context of Comey telling Trump at least 3 times he was not under investigation.

Sorry, Cheap....facts not in evidence. Comey has not stated he told Trump anything....3 times.

The FBI Director can either be "objective" or be "loyal". Trump put Comey in a compromising position while holding his job over his head. He can't be both and Trump knew that.... You don't think he's putting the new FBI-guy through the same wringer.....do you?

Sorry, Cheap....facts not in evidence. Comey has not stated he told Trump anything....3 times.

The FBI Director can either be "objective" or be "loyal". Trump put Comey in a compromising position while holding his job over his head. He can't be both and Trump knew that.... You don't think he's putting the new FBI-guy through the same wringer.....do you?
    Read his statement. It references him telling Trump he was not personally under investigation 3 times.

I discussed with the FBI’s
    leadership team whether I should be prepared to assure President-Elect Trump that
    we were not investigating him personally. That was true; we did not have an open
    counter-intelligence case on him. We agreed I should do so if circumstances
    warranted. During our one-on-one meeting at Trump Tower, based on PresidentElect
    Trump’s reaction to the briefing and without him directly asking the
    question, I offered that assurance.

I replied
    that he should give that careful thought because it might create a narrative that we
    were investigating him personally, which we weren’t, and because it was very
    difficult to prove a negative. He said he would think about it and asked me to
    think about it.

I explained that we had briefed the leadership of Congress on
    exactly which individuals we were investigating and that we had told those
    Congressional leaders that we were not personally investigating President Trump.
    I reminded him I had previously told him that. He repeatedly told me, “We need
    to get that fact out.”

See also:

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/statu...-benshapiro%2F

Here is what Comey testimony says:
    1) Comey told Trump privately he wasn't under investigation. Repeatedly. Comey wouldn't say it publicly.

2) Trump asked for Comey's "loyalty." Comey shrugged it off.

3) Trump wanted Comey to investigate Trump's associates over Russia collusion stuff, wanted Flynn phone call investigation closed.

4) Trump never impeded the Russia campaign collision investigation.

5) Comey only took contemporaneous notes on Trump.

6) Trump wanted Comey to investigate outlandish dossier claims to prove them false.

If all of this makes you think Trump collided with Russia on 2016 campaign, you're nuts.

It shows a frustrated egotist puzzled as to why he's being linked with Russia, lashing out foolishly. That's pretty much it.

The only real bust here is Comey saying Trump wanted Flynn phone call investigation stopped. But Comey isn't saying Trump obstructed it.

There is not much here to support anything but the overall appearance that Trump is frustrated and ignorant.

See also:

None of that would surprise anyone.

QuoteOriginally Posted by John D View Post
    None of that would surprise anyone.
    And nothing remotely criminal.

This can't be true. I'm watching CNN international and they are flashing on the screen every 2 minutes that Comey will testify that he never toward Trump he wasn't under investigation
    And that is before Don sour Lemon comes on and spreads his fake news.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Inspector Gadget View Post
    This can't be true. I'm watching CNN international and they are flashing on the screen every 2 minutes that Comey will testify that he never toward Trump he wasn't under investigation
    And that is before Don sour Lemon comes on and spreads his fake news.
    Who are you going to believe, Comey's prepared statement or CNN?

See also:

I don't know Ben Shapiro from Bill Maher. Fake news....

I don't know Ben Shapiro from Bill Maher. Fake news....
    He is an anti-Trump conservative opinion journalist. He also accurately sets forth what is in Comey's actual statement.

He is an anti-Trump conservative opinion journalist. He also accurately sets forth what is in Comey's actual statement.
    Never heard of him.....

Never heard of him.....
    But I'm certainly pleased to know that YOU feel comfortable with him.

The Drunken Stooge doesn't believe anything Shapiro believes in.

WHAT!!!!!!!

No cogent blow by blow analysis of the Comey hearing here.....???? How can that be?

Oh, I see.....ignore it and maybe it goes away...ha ha? Speak up, True Believers.....speak up!

Well I mean we could go into details about that time that Comey provided evidence of Lynch obstructing justice and not Trump, but it really just seems like piling on a defenseless child at this point.

It's hilarious to me that the Comey hearing that you guys were just sure was going to end the Trump Presidency has done more to implicate Democrats than Trump. This hearing is going incredibly poorly for you, RH...

Pretty revealing that Loretta Lynch was very bit the corrupt hack that Eric Holder was.

Pretty revealing that Loretta Lynch was very bit the corrupt hack that Eric Holder was.
    Put that under 'water is wet'.

Obama's use of the DOJ as a political arm was absolutely criminal and for my money easily the most offensive part of his Presidency.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Oz-iz-God View Post
    Put that under 'water is wet'.

Obama's use of the DOJ as a political arm was absolutely criminal and for my money easily the most offensive part of his Presidency.
    I guess difference is that any sentient being knew that Holder (the Marc Rich pardon fixer) was corrupt. Lynch had a pretty sterling reputation as a USA.