Thread: Carson Kelly Removed From Game???????

Carson Kelly Removed From Game???????

In my usual nightly check of the Baby Birds box scores I saw Flaherty went 6IP with 2ER in his AAA debut. Mercado continues hitting, sticking around .317.......And in what appears to be "possible news" Carson Kelly was removed early in the game tonight. Most tweets I found said he was removed for no apparent reason (i.e. No known or suspected injury)......one tweet I saw did however say he took a foul (I think) off his knee.

As Boog would say......Stay Tuned!
    Register or log in to view signatures!

QuoteOriginally Posted by Goombah! View Post
    In my usual nightly check of the Baby Birds box scores I saw Flaherty went 6IP with 2ER in his AAA debut. Mercado continues hitting, sticking around .317.......And in what appears to be "possible news" Carson Kelly was removed early in the game tonight. Most tweets I found said he was removed for no apparent reason (i.e. No known or suspected injury)......one tweet I saw did however say he took a foul (I think) off his knee.

As Boog would say......Stay Tuned!
    He's hotter than a 2 dollar pistol.

But I only see him coming up to do something besides catch. Which would mean what? Playing first base if Carpenter went on the DL?

Or packing his bags???? Not predicting just wondering.....media seems quiet on this whereas usually on Bleacher Report there's a link mentioning something such as this. Could be nothing....no move to the bigs nor anywhere else (including the disabled list), but usually where's there's smoke there's a misFIREd North Korean missile.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Goombah! View Post
    Or packing his bags???? Not predicting just wondering.....media seems quiet on this whereas usually on Bleacher Report there's a link mentioning something such as this. Could be nothing....no move to the bigs nor anywhere else (including the disabled list), but usually where's there's smoke there's a misFIREd North Korean missile.
    Racist.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Judge Mental View Post
    He's hotter than a 2 dollar pistol.

But I only see him coming up to do something besides catch. Which would mean what? Playing first base if Carpenter went on the DL?
    After the way Carpenter froze while Rizzo took 3b, I would suggest simply replacing Carpenter with Kelly.

QuoteOriginally Posted by John D View Post
    After the way Carpenter froze while Rizzo took 3b, I would suggest simply replacing Carpenter with Kelly.
    Good lord, Carpenter had no shot at him.

Yeah Rizzo was 3 steps away from 3rd when Carp caught that throw.

Not only that, but Sierra is the one that dicked up his route and allowed Rizzo to reach base in the first place.

And Peralta did about all he could. Moving toward the line, he wasn't going to be able to get enough on the throw, so couldn't look Rizzo back hard; only got the batter by less than a full step. Great read by Rizzo. DeJong might be able to make that play, but our manager insists on keeping his best available infielder on the bench just like last year.

It appeared that Peralta did not even look Rizzo back to second before throwing to 1st as well so I guess you just take the out at first. I don't think much of Peralta as a fielder or batsman.
    Last edited by barnbird; 06-03-2017 at 09:00 AM.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Speedy G View Post
    Good lord, Carpenter had no shot at him.
    When you see that happening, you come off the bag, snatch the ball, and fire to third.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Sonicblast12 View Post
    Yeah Rizzo was 3 steps away from 3rd when Carp caught that throw.

Not only that, but Sierra is the one that dicked up his route and allowed Rizzo to reach base in the first place.
    I'm not praising that bit of hijinks.

Clearly, he's not played much corner outfield. The look on his face was pure surprise that the ball was tailing in that manner.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Speedy G View Post
    And Peralta did about all he could. Moving toward the line, he wasn't going to be able to get enough on the throw, so couldn't look Rizzo back hard; only got the batter by less than a full step. Great read by Rizzo. DeJong might be able to make that play, but our manager insists on keeping his best available infielder on the bench just like last year.
    One thing we can all agree on, if Carpenter were the baserunner he'd either be standing on top of 2nd base or somehow caught in a rundown.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Sonicblast12 View Post
    One thing we can all agree on, if Carpenter were the baserunner he'd either be standing on top of 2nd base or somehow caught in a rundown.
    No doubt.

I watched the play several times. Peralta gave a quick look to rizzo, but rizzo didn't budge. Peralta didn't have time to contemplate throwing to second and instead threw to first.

Peralta had a terrible angle to second and needed to act immediately. If he would have paused for a moment more, or actually tried throwing rizzo out, he might have gotten no out on the play.

He did everything he could, but rizzo called his bluff. There was nothing on God's green earth that Marp could have done. Nothing.

You could argue it would have been better to eat it and not let the runner advance, I suppose. That's a tough argument to make.

Rizzo read it perfectly and beat us. Then they capitalized with the sac fly. Sometimes, you tip your cap.

Was anything ever said about this locally?

Never found much on twitter.....and he's not playing again tonight.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Indy CardsFan View Post
    Was anything ever said about this locally?

Never found much on twitter.....and he's not playing again tonight.
    He's not in the dugout.

FYI, Mayers is pitching working upper 90s. Hit 99 twice last inning. He has given up 1 run, 4 hits and a BB through 5 with 6 Ks.
    Last edited by CheapSeats; 06-03-2017 at 09:25 PM.

He is in the dugout now.

QuoteOriginally Posted by John D View Post
    When you see that happening, you come off the bag, snatch the ball, and fire to third.
    He ain't Albert Pujols, fer chrissakes.