Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 111

Thread: Adieu, Paris

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    20,608

    Adieu, Paris

    Climate change? Never heard of it.

    If there's problem, God will fix it.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  2. #2
    GOOCH's Avatar
    GOOCH is offlineReal OG: "Original Gooch"
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Nacogdoches, TX
    Posts
    12,567
    QuoteOriginally Posted by paulie walnuts View Post
    Climate change? Never heard of it.

    If there's problem, God will fix it.
    LOL. That you thought the Paris treaty-but-we-won't-call-it-that-because-f**k-the-Constitution was about fixing climate change is hilarious. D.GOOCH
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    20,608
    QuoteOriginally Posted by GOOCH View Post
    LOL. That you thought the Paris treaty-but-we-won't-call-it-that-because-f**k-the-Constitution was about fixing climate change is hilarious. D.GOOCH
    Tell me, Don, what was it "really" about?
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    663
    If the heaviest polluters like China or India could keep increasing their polluting, its not a climate deal
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Land of fruits and nuts
    Posts
    21,486
    We do all the work and China and India do the harm some deal.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    19,396
    QuoteOriginally Posted by barnbird View Post
    We do all the work and China and India do the harm some deal.
    Don't forget the transfer of US wealth to the developing world.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    19,396
    QuoteOriginally Posted by paulie walnuts View Post
    Tell me, Don, what was it "really" about?
    It was feel good nonsense which would have no impact on climate, but would create tremendous opportunities for graft.

    If it was so important, BHO should have negotiated it as a treaty and submitted it for ratification. He didn't that made it an unenforceable executive agreement that is worth almost as much as the paper on which it was printed.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Collinsville
    Posts
    15,048
    QuoteOriginally Posted by CheapSeats View Post
    It was feel good nonsense which would have no impact on climate, but would create tremendous opportunities for graft.

    If it was so important, BHO should have negotiated it as a treaty and submitted it for ratification. He didn't that made it an unenforceable executive agreement that is worth almost as much as the paper on which it was printed.
    Yeah but we have to do SOMETHING. Even if something is completely ineffectual, completely cost prohibitive and completely politically motivated. It makes us feel so good.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    19,396
    QuoteOriginally Posted by paulie walnuts View Post
    Tell me, Don, what was it "really" about?
    Per Chris Hayes, the Paris Agreement does nothing.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/chrislhay...63894124093440
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Collinsville
    Posts
    15,048
    QuoteOriginally Posted by CheapSeats View Post
    Per Chris Hayes, the Paris Agreement does nothing.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/chrislhay...63894124093440
    The lefty whack jobs in Hollywood are going NNNNNUUUUTTTTZ. It was worth doing if only for that!
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rock Hill
    Posts
    81,462
    This is more of your bathwater Nutsack.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Land of fruits and nuts
    Posts
    21,486
    QuoteOriginally Posted by 85cards View Post
    The lefty whack jobs in Hollywood are going NNNNNUUUUTTTTZ. It was worth doing if only for that!
    When do they all move to Canada and give us a break ?
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    19,160
    QuoteOriginally Posted by barnbird View Post
    When do they all move to Canada and give us a break ?
    You are aware Canada has the internet, aren't you?
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Land of fruits and nuts
    Posts
    21,486
    QuoteOriginally Posted by TCB 6-4-3 View Post
    You are aware Canada has the internet, aren't you?
    Yes and I know it can get real cold up there wtf kind of question is that ?
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Collinsville
    Posts
    15,048
    QuoteOriginally Posted by RHinSD View Post
    But Square Head.....Canada SUPPORTS the Paris climate accord!!?? Why would they go THERE?
    Well, if they move to a country that supports the statist climate money-grab then their children won't die in a climate-change caused drought...or ice age...or tsunami...or something. Duh.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Company Town
    Posts
    29,863
    QuoteOriginally Posted by CheapSeats View Post
    It was feel good nonsense which would have no impact on climate, but would create tremendous opportunities for graft.

    If it was so important, BHO should have negotiated it as a treaty and submitted it for ratification. He didn't that made it an unenforceable executive agreement that is worth almost as much as the paper on which it was printed.
    Well, you know, we don't bother the Senate with votes for war any longer, so why should we bother with treaties?
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Land of fruits and nuts
    Posts
    21,486
    QuoteOriginally Posted by The Iguana View Post
    Well, you know, we don't bother the Senate with votes for war any longer, so why should we bother with treaties?
    Who abides by them anyway ?
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Company Town
    Posts
    29,863
    QuoteOriginally Posted by paulie walnuts View Post
    Climate change? Never heard of it.

    If there's problem, God will fix it.
    I don't know if Trump actually believes in God.

    But he certainly believes in Trump.

    I think you've missed your mark.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bham, WA
    Posts
    5,196
    QuoteOriginally Posted by The Iguana View Post
    I think you've missed your mark.
    ...want the REAL TRUTH?!?? eh?? hahaha. The REAL Truth is that red Russianista Trump is on the payroll of Vlad's plan to melt the Arctic ice caps in order to open the Arctic sea up for their merchants and the invading armada that will conquer Alaska and Canada. FOOLS! hahaha

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-buy...150621501.html

    /puts down the Vodka
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  20. #20
    GOOCH's Avatar
    GOOCH is offlineReal OG: "Original Gooch"
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Nacogdoches, TX
    Posts
    12,567
    QuoteOriginally Posted by paulie walnuts View Post
    Tell me, Don, what was it "really" about?
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum to view images.

    D.GOOCH
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rock Hill
    Posts
    81,462
    QuoteOriginally Posted by The Iguana View Post
    Well, you know, we don't bother the Senate with votes for war any longer, so why should we bother with treaties?
    And, as our statist brethren learn, "treaties" disguised as "executive agreements" can be undone by executives who don't agree.

    A rare setback for the sacred liberal agenda.

    The thing nobody actually votes for, but that marches steadily forward nonetheless.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Vail Co
    Posts
    5,468
    What is it that Conservatives conserve again? To hear that Trump backed out and will get a better deal, is a joke. Trump won't put in the effort. It appears being born rich requires way less work than being President.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    19,160
    QuoteOriginally Posted by barnbird View Post
    Yes and I know it can get real cold up there wtf kind of question is that ?
    Moving to CAN wouldn't give us a break.....he'd still be able to visit this site from Canada. It was just a joke, Barny.
    Last edited by TCB 6-4-3; 06-02-2017 at 08:02 AM.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    19,396
    QuoteOriginally Posted by LOB View Post
    What is it that Conservatives conserve again? To hear that Trump backed out and will get a better deal, is a joke. Trump won't put in the effort. It appears being born rich requires way less work than being President.
    What actual impact would the Paris accords have on global warm . . . er, climate change? Be specific.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Vail Co
    Posts
    5,468
    QuoteOriginally Posted by CheapSeats View Post
    What actual impact would the Paris accords have on global warm . . . er, climate change? Be specific.
    probably nothing because as a political party the Republicans have proven that the environment doesn't matter. prove otherwise.
    Last edited by LOB; 06-02-2017 at 08:57 AM.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,718
    QuoteOriginally Posted by barnbird View Post
    When do they all move to Canada and give us a break ?
    Yes, yes.....and live with that "Justin from Canada" guy??
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  27. #27
    GOOCH's Avatar
    GOOCH is offlineReal OG: "Original Gooch"
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Nacogdoches, TX
    Posts
    12,567
    QuoteOriginally Posted by LOB View Post
    What is it that Conservatives conserve again? To hear that Trump backed out and will get a better deal, is a joke.
    I love jokes. Especially this one. I hope you're right. There is no better "deal" to be had on the crony state capitalism of the climate scam. D.GOOCH
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,670
    Unlike many conservatives on this board, I believe human caused climate change is very real. The bulk of science bears it out.

    Having said that, the Paris deal was HORRIBLE. Just horrible. No real effect on change (.02 degrees C in 83 years) at the cost of a many billions, not to mention loss of jobs etc. If Obamacare was a boondoogle for health care, the Paris climate deal would have eventually killed any catalyst for change in climate.

    The answer is to climate change is simple and complex. It's going to take technological development, winning hearts and minds of deniers, and decreasing poverty in many parts of the word.

    The Paris accords did none of that.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Collinsville
    Posts
    15,048
    I think the swamp dwellers might have to double up their efforts. By double I mean begin touting a "consensus" that Climaty Global Change Warming is responsible for school shootings. I mean the powder discharge from AR-15's has GOT to be leaving quite a carbon footprint. Ban the guns, tax the people and the 30,000 polar bears left from the 7,000 alive in 1997 will live in icy swag motels!
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Land of fruits and nuts
    Posts
    21,486
    QuoteOriginally Posted by TCB 6-4-3 View Post
    Moving to CAN wouldn't give us a break.....he'd still be able to visit this site from Canada. It was just a joke, Barny.
    Point taken.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Land of fruits and nuts
    Posts
    21,486
    QuoteOriginally Posted by 6-4-3 View Post
    Unlike many conservatives on this board, I believe human caused climate change is very real. The bulk of science bears it out.

    Having said that, the Paris deal was HORRIBLE. Just horrible. No real effect on change (.02 degrees C in 83 years) at the cost of a many billions, not to mention loss of jobs etc. If Obamacare was a boondoogle for health care, the Paris climate deal would have eventually killed any catalyst for change in climate.

    The answer is to climate change is simple and complex. It's going to take technological development, winning hearts and minds of deniers, and decreasing poverty in many parts of the word.

    The Paris accords did none of that.
    If they all want to chip in and do their part I see no reason why it cannot be done but this pact was way too one sided. Trump offered to renegotiate but they were hearing nothing they liked it as written because it was in their favor.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,176
    The Dem(wit) talking points responses have been laughable. The First was the sky is falling which is not true and no one believes. The second is that renewables are actually cheaper and make economic sense. I can't answer to the truethfullness or the falsehood of that but the logic doesn't fly. If true, why do you need the Paris agreement at all? Why do you need the govt to even play a role? There is also a 3rd talking point which is that 191 countries are onboard so this must be a good thing. Of course they are on board. 90% of them receive subsidies, why wouldn't they be? The last is that we are abdicating our position as world leaders. Sorry, leaders don't follow the crowd. Leaders also know when to let others block the wind so they can pass them at the finish line.

    In the end, the Dem(wits) have been so anti everything Trump that even if they had a legitimate argument no one would listen to them.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rock Hill
    Posts
    81,462
    QuoteOriginally Posted by 85cards View Post
    I think the swamp dwellers might have to double up their efforts. By double I mean begin touting a "consensus" that Climaty Global Change Warming is responsible for school shootings. I mean the powder discharge from AR-15's has GOT to be leaving quite a carbon footprint. Ban the guns, tax the people and the 30,000 polar bears left from the 7,000 alive in 1997 will live in icy swag motels!
    I remember when they started researching the "impact" of the lead from bullets on the environment. Laughably transparent.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    20,608
    QuoteOriginally Posted by The Iguana View Post
    I don't know if Trump actually believes in God.

    But he certainly believes in Trump.

    I think you've missed your mark.
    Not my God, Rich.

    My God thinks Trump is fvcking assh0le. Told me so himself.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    19,396
    QuoteOriginally Posted by LOB View Post
    probably nothing because as a political party the Republicans have proven that the environment doesn't matter. prove otherwise.
    Nice dodge.

    What party signed clean air and water acts into law?
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Vail Co
    Posts
    5,468
    QuoteOriginally Posted by CheapSeats View Post
    Nice dodge.

    What party signed clean air and water acts into law?
    In 1948, that party was Conservative and amended in 72. https://www.epa.gov/laws-regulations...lean-water-act
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rock Hill
    Posts
    81,462
    QuoteOriginally Posted by LOB View Post
    In 1948, that party was Conservative and amended in 72. https://www.epa.gov/laws-regulations...lean-water-act
    You mean the same guys that didn't filibuster the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and pushed it through?
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    20,608
    When Lloyd Blankfein tweets his disapproval, you know something is up.

    http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/01/news...ent/index.html
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Land of fruits and nuts
    Posts
    21,486
    QuoteOriginally Posted by paulie walnuts View Post
    When Lloyd Blankfein tweets his disapproval, you know something is up.

    http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/01/news...ent/index.html
    Most or all of them are profiting from that Treaty probably .
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    20,608
    QuoteOriginally Posted by barnbird View Post
    Most or all of them are profiting from that Treaty probably .
    Explain
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  41. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Collinsville
    Posts
    15,048
    QuoteOriginally Posted by paulie walnuts View Post
    Explain
    Your faith in people placed in charge of spending huge amounts of other people's money baffles me.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  42. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    20,608
    QuoteOriginally Posted by 85cards View Post
    Your faith in people placed in charge of spending huge amounts of other people's money baffles me.
    Complete non sequitur.

    But yeah, let's just not have a government. That'll work out well.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  43. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rock Hill
    Posts
    81,462
    QuoteOriginally Posted by paulie walnuts View Post
    Complete non sequitur.

    But yeah, let's just not have a government. That'll work out well.
    Damn, you are one stupid MF
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  44. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,718
    US in good company in not participating in the Paris Accord....now joining Syria and Nicaraqua. Good company indeed..
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  45. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    20,608
    QuoteOriginally Posted by John D View Post
    Damn, you are one stupid MF
    If you say so, boss.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  46. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Collinsville
    Posts
    15,048
    QuoteOriginally Posted by paulie walnuts View Post
    Complete non sequitur.

    But yeah, let's just not have a government. That'll work out well.
    It was intended as a non sequitur. And you responded with hyperbole.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  47. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    19,160
    QuoteOriginally Posted by The Iguana View Post
    I don't know if Trump actually believes in God.

    But he certainly believes in Trump.

    I think you've missed your mark.
    QuoteOriginally Posted by paulie walnuts View Post
    Not my God, Rich.

    My God thinks Trump is fvcking assh0le. Told me so himself.
    One of us is reading this wrong.

    My interpretation was that Rich was saying he (Trump) believes in Trump. Not that he (God) believes in Trump.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  48. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Land of fruits and nuts
    Posts
    21,486
    QuoteOriginally Posted by paulie walnuts View Post
    Explain
    How much subsidy do you think Elon Musk is getting every year ?
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  49. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Company Town
    Posts
    29,863
    QuoteOriginally Posted by paulie walnuts View Post
    Not my God, Rich.

    My God thinks Trump is fvcking assh0le. Told me so himself.
    I'm gathering now that your remark was a reference to some evangelical GOP congressman from Michigan's remarks on Trump's decision - which I had not seen at the time.

    But I think it's important not to conflate his views (or motivations) with Trump's. Trump doesn't have a religious bone in his body.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

  50. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Land of fruits and nuts
    Posts
    21,486
    QuoteOriginally Posted by The Iguana View Post
    I'm gathering now that your remark was a reference to some evangelical GOP congressman from Michigan's remarks on Trump's decision - which I had not seen at the time.

    But I think it's important not to conflate his views (or motivations) with Trump's. Trump doesn't have a religious bone in his body.
    Yeah and I think the Pope noted that same sentiment.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •