Thread: Just a Day on the Life of a Left-Wing Radical

Just a Day on the Life of a Left-Wing Radical

Imagine someone doing this with Obama

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ous-stunt.html

BIAS

C'mon Paulieanna - belly up, you noob.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

She will apologize and all will be forgiven no doubt its the left thing to do.

QuoteOriginally Posted by John D View Post
    Imagine someone doing this with Obama

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ous-stunt.html

BIAS

C'mon Paulieanna - belly up, you noob.
    Remember the wall-to-wall outrage when a rodeo clown wore an Obama mask? This won't come close.

To give her credit, she apologized properly. None of the “if anyone was offended” nonsense. Just full-length proskynesis.

QuoteOriginally Posted by The Iguana View Post
    To give her credit, she apologized properly. None of the “if anyone was offended” nonsense. Just full-length proskynesis.
    I'm so glad she came to her senses.

How about you Paulie?

I wonder when in the process she started writing the apology. After thinking of the idea, getting the fake head manufactured, scheduling the photoshoot, uploading the content, or getting the reaction.

QuoteOriginally Posted by maest View Post
    I wonder when in the process she started writing the apology. After thinking of the idea, getting the fake head manufactured, scheduling the photoshoot, uploading the content, or getting the reaction.
    I have no idea who this person is. But I suspect that a call from the Secret Service is still a sobering experience, despite their recent troubles.

Only after she originally doubled down in her initial response to the criticism:

1. Just spoke with @kathygriffin . She said, unapologetically, that the image of her that's gone viral is an expression of art

— Yashar Ali (@yashar) May 30, 2017
    2. She believes Trump is doing tremendous damage to the country + the world and she wanted the art to reflect the seriousness of his impact

3. She said they were putting together a Trump mask and that led her to think of Trump's infamous statement early on in the primary.

4. The "blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her ears, blood coming out of her wherever" statement.

5. She also said she does not condone any violence, that provocative art should remain just that: art. She does not want life to imitate art

Her apology is only an apology that this went so far as to actually hurt her career.

In this country it is art. It is protected speech---wtih consequences. She's an idiot who should be allowed to do stupid things as long as she's not infringing on other people's rights.

I hope the Secret Service gave her a body cavity search with a propane torch. See? Protected speech.

QuoteOriginally Posted by 85cards View Post
    In this country it is art. It is protected speech---wtih consequences. She's an idiot who should be allowed to do stupid things as long as she's not infringing on other people's rights.

I hope the Secret Service gave her a body cavity search with a propane torch. See? Protected speech.
    This.

Griffin is a clown. Sometimes she's funny, other times just annoying.

There's nothing "radical" about her, just another showbiz whore trying to boost her brand.

QuoteOriginally Posted by paulie walnuts View Post
    This.

There's nothing "radical" about her, just another showbiz whore trying to boost her brand.
    Yes, yes, and I can imagine your tempered reasoned response had she done something similar to Obama's image.

She will continue on anyone who had pulled that stunt on BHO would never see another gig.

This.

The rodeo clown was literally a clown, but he was demonized with wall-to-wall MSM coverage, resulting in sensitivity training for the rodeo. For wearing a mask.

This is infinitely worse. In a just world, she would be absolutely unemployable.

QuoteOriginally Posted by barnbird View Post
    She will continue on anyone who had pulled that stunt on BHO would never see another gig.
    I actually she will be harmed professionally by this episode, and deservedly so. Even her NYE co host Anderson Cooper said he was “appalled by the photo shoot Kathy Griffin took part in. It is clearly disgusting and completely inappropriate."

Chelsea Clinton said it was “vile and wrong. It is never funny to joke about killing a president.”

The market will decide.

Kathy Griffin on respecting the office:

During a segment on Bravo’s Kathy on Thursday, Kathy Griffin tore into Elisabeth Hasselbeck‘s critical question to President Obama on The View about gay marriage, where Hasselbeck asked the president how he would “move things forward any more than Mitt Romney.” With Hasselbeck’s “attitude to the president, who was a Harvard Law professor, I’m, like, take it down a notch, bitch,” Griffin said.

“That body language,” Griffin added, “I don’t like that. I don’t like Jan Brewer in Arizona going like this to the President on the tarmac. I don’t like that. When I was on The View, Barbara Walters said you respect the office.”

Chelsea Clinton said it was “vile and wrong. It is never funny to joke about killing a president.”

The market will decide.
    She's right. It's not funny. But it should be the ultimate expression of our natural rights that we can do something like this provided a) we're willing to live with the consequences and b) we don't infringe on other's rights.

Now, let's talk about universities infringing on the rights of people with differing views to speak on their campuses. That's where people who actually believe in the Bill of Rights ought o be going bananas.

She's right. It's not funny. But it should be the ultimate expression of our natural rights that we can do something like this provided a) we're willing to live with the consequences and b) we don't infringe on other's rights.

Now, let's talk about universities infringing on the rights of people with differing views to speak on their campuses. That's where people who actually believe in the Bill of Rights ought o be going bananas.
    But that's different because . . . shut up.

It certainly is a problem. In fact one of the more notorious recent incidents happened here in my home town at my alma mater, Middlebury, when Charles Murray was shouted down and prevented from speaking. A professor was injured in the ensuing scuffle. Numerous students were disciplined and the college president, to her credit, came out in support of everyone's right to speak freely, and against the over the top protests and related violence, and has done a fine job communicating to the community of students, faculty, staff and alumni on the issue. A teachable moment, with consequences for the violators.

It certainly is a problem.
    And nothing will be done.

It certainly is a problem. In fact one of the more notorious recent incidents happened here in my home town at my alma mater, Middlebury, when Charles Murray was shouted down and prevented from speaking. A professor was injured in the ensuing scuffle. Numerous students were disciplined and the college president, to her credit, came out in support of everyone's right to speak freely, and against the over the top protests and related violence, and has done a fine job communicating to the community of students, faculty, staff and alumni on the issue. A teachable moment, with consequences for the violators.
    The professor is still suffering from post-concussion syndrome and despite this vicious assault taking place, not a single student was suspended or expelled. What exactly were these consequences of which you speak?

QuoteOriginally Posted by CheapSeats View Post
    The professor is still suffering from post-concussion syndrome and despite this vicious assault taking place, not a single student was suspended or expelled. What exactly were these consequences of which you speak?
    The "sanctions"," whatever they were, are being kept confidential in accordance with student privacy policies. At least 19 students were punished in some form.

In a just world, she would be absolutely unemployable.
    i think she beat herself to it.

The "sanctions"," whatever they were, are being kept confidential in accordance with student privacy policies. At least 19 students were punished in some form.
    Indeed... they were told they were very bad (wink, wink) and never to exercise their sacred First Amendment rights again.

Indeed... they were told they were very bad (wink, wink) and never to exercise their sacred First Amendment rights again.
    I'll look into it with my friends on campus and post what I find out here.

Sure they were. Assault on a faculty member should result in expulsion. There really isn't any other reasonable sanction for violent attacks.

Sure they were. Assault on a faculty member should result in expulsion. There really isn't any other reasonable sanction for violent attacks.
    I would imagine the wrist slap made quite an impression.

How Colleges should (but won't) respond to this nonsense:

Good afternoon, everyone.

As the president of Noname State College, I have called this meeting to address the recent unrest that has overtaken our campus community in the wake of Dr. Everett Jones' refusal to participate in a scheduled protest against "America's endemic white supremacy." I'm happy that so many student activists have decided to attend today's meeting, as what I am about to say will, I hope, represent a vital step towards quelling this unrest and restoring peace.

Several student groups - including the Concerned African Student Union, the Club for Intersectional Feminism, and the Nation of Aztlan - came to my office this past Wednesday and presented me with a list of fifty specific demands. These demands included increasing funding for our Multicultural Student Center and our Women's Center; establishing new full departments in Ethnic, Women's, and Queer Studies; setting aside black and Hispanic-only dormitories; adding a mandatory social justice course to our general education requirements; and committing to meeting specific quotas in hiring nonwhite, non-male faculty within the next five years. I have been told that if my administration and I do not fulfill these demands, the occupation of Barker and Trent Hall will continue and regular campus operations will be severely disrupted.

Over the past few days, I have carefully considered how I should respond to these students and their petition, and I have settled on the following course of action:

NO.

No, I'm not going to give you anything you want. You can scream, you can cry, you can stomp your feet -- but I'm not changing our policies one iota.

I'm certainly not going to admit that we here at Noname State College are racists because I know we aren't. If we were actually racists and you were actually oppressed as "black and brown" students, you would not be here. Period. A truly racist administration would not have admitted you, let alone built a Multicultural Center, permitted the formation and funding of ethnic student groups, or welcomed the original protest that started this controversy. Further, if you were actually oppressed, you would not feel free to hound Dr. Jones off campus for his principled objection to your demonstration, nor would you feel entitled to harass other students in the campus library because they declined to join your rally and elected to study for their midterm exams instead. This is not how truly oppressed people behave; these are the tactics of the powerful. Having witnessed other colleges and universities capitulating to similar disorders, you believe you have the upper hand and consequently have every right to do whatever you wish.

It stops here.

I'm not giving you what you want or admitting to any wrongdoing. As a matter of fact, I have called this meeting to announce the following:
    As of this moment, I'm giving student protestors one hour to vacate Barker and Trent. If you do not comply with this order, I will call the police and have you all charged with trespassing.
    I will also be launching an investigation into the many reported instances of criminal intimidation associated with these protests, including the egregious mistreatment of Dr. Jones. All accused students will, of course, be afforded full due process of law, but if any are found guilty, appropriate disciplinary steps will be taken.
    In the future, any students who are found guilty of intimidating faculty, students, or invited guests or of otherwise violating others' civil rights will be summarily expelled.
    You are here, first and foremost, to improve your minds. This means tolerating people who disagree with you, for how else will you learn to defend - or, if necessary, amend - your own beliefs? This is an uncomfortable proposition to be sure, but I have news for you: The world outside this campus is not comfortable, or safe, or perfectly inoffensive and it never will be. Thus, your job at this college is to prepare yourself for that world. Read good books. Study hard. Learn to civilly articulate your opinions and set a good example for your fellow citizens. Recognize that no one will listen if you insist on screeching like banshees and chanting empty slogans. Become the sort of upstanding, contributing adults that others will have no choice but to respect.

Or, to put it more succinctly: Grow the hell up. The world does not revolve around you and your "feelings."

Thank you.

*mic drop*

Out she goes!

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cnn-...ng-1202448875/

Wrong.

I actually she will be harmed professionally by this episode, and deservedly so. Even her NYE co host Anderson Cooper said he was “appalled by the photo shoot Kathy Griffin took part in. It is clearly disgusting and completely inappropriate."
    Correctamundo

QuoteOriginally Posted by TCB 6-4-3 View Post
    Wrong.
    Al Franken still making a public appearance with her this month.

As I said, protected speech with consequences.

Al Franken still making a public appearance with her this month.
    Yeah, maybe. We'll see if they both go through with it. Wouldn't shock me if one or both withdraws.

Yeah, maybe. We'll see if they both go through with it. Wouldn't shock me if one or both withdraws.
    Franken has stated he still intends to appear.

Franken has stated he still intends to appear.
    I know, John.

Now point that little erection of yours somewhere else.
    Last edited by paulie walnuts; 06-02-2017 at 12:32 PM.

QuoteOriginally Posted by TCB 6-4-3 View Post
    Wrong.
    We shall see how long she goes underground .

Out she goes!

I'll believe she won't be on it when it rolls around and she doesn't appear. That's 7 mos from now. we'll see.

Jimmy Shubert quote:

Kathy Griffin has had 400k worth of plastic surgery and is still so unattractive that if you got oral from her it would actually count as anal.

Jimmy Shubert quote:

Kathy Griffin has had 400k worth of plastic surgery and is still so unattractive that if you got oral from her it would actually count as anal.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum to view images.

Jimmy Shubert quote:

the saddest part is that, somehow, Kathy Griffin has the means to scrape together $400k. have you ever tried stomaching her "comedy"? ugggh.

the jilted Fox girls

Out she goes!

switch over to CNN or MSNBC

I'm not sure where KGriffin ends up, she aaint got the looks for Fox

QuoteOriginally Posted by FOGHAT View Post
    switch over to CNN or MSNBC

I'm not sure where KGriffin ends up, she aaint got the looks for Fox
    She would look good on the "View"

She would look good on the "View"
    All she has to do is sew her custom-fit pussy hat.

So much for remorse:

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/...=twitchywidget

So much for remorse:

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/...=twitchywidget
    That's a real WTF.

She's the one being bullied here. OK Kath.

That's a real WTF.

She's the one being bullied here. OK Kath.
    Typical left-wing drone.

Typical left-wing drone.
    Dumbsh!t, I'm agreeing with you.

Dumbsh!t, I'm agreeing with you.
    I was commenting on her behavior you asswipe

Ehh. She was pretty funny in Old School.

http://www.zuguide.com/images/13215/...11.570.359.jpg

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum to view images.

Ah, the victim fetish of the left. Nothing is ever YOUR fault.