Thread: Mike Shannon not pleased

Mike Shannon not pleased

https://twitter.com/SimulacruMusial/status/869286943129051136

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2017/5/3...om-may-29-2017
    Register or log in to view signatures!

Good for Mike! But he's late to the dance. It's been crappy ball for a long time. I can't even watch this team, it's just too frustrating. Listening on the radio allows me to divide my attention and care just a little less.

Paul DeJong also made his debut today and he can officially call himself a Cardinal now that he has been thrown out on the bases by an almost comically large amount
    I'd say that about covers it, yeah...

Dumbest ballclub I've ever seen. And next year's will be dumber still. They've gotten progressively less sound every single season under Matheny.

I'm sure it's just coincidence.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Oz-iz-God View Post
    I'd say that about covers it, yeah...

Dumbest ballclub I've ever seen. And next year's will be dumber still. They've gotten progressively less sound every single season under Matheny.

I'm sure it's just coincidence.
    I agree with the overall point, but this one is not on Dejong. It's totally not his fault, the play was behind him and his 3rd base coach was waving him in. Maloney should be the one getting raked over the coals for this one, not Dejong.

This team missed Oquendo in so many ways.

"You can do it if you want to be a second division club. And, if you continue to do it, you WILL BE a second division club."

-Shannon

The only good that comes from that is that Nutsack makes me $100.00 richer.

From day 1 it has missed Oquendo. Hugely!

CATO

QuoteOriginally Posted by CATO View Post
    From day 1 it has missed Oquendo. Hugely!

CATO
    DeWitt better wake up. The rubes may start catching on.

DeWitt better wake up. The rubes may start catching on.
    Also "announced" yesterday by the broadcasters was that the Cardinals just went over the 3,000,000 ticket sales mark and are expecting to end the season around 3.400,000.

CATO

QuoteOriginally Posted by CATO View Post
    Also "announced" yesterday by the broadcasters was that the Cardinals just went over the 3,000,000 ticket sales mark and are expecting to end the season around 3.400,000.

CATO
    I'm certain Mr. DeWitt pays attention to spot prices on StubHub

They've never been lower.

Here's the key. Young players make mistakes, even though Martinez isn't even all that young. But did anyone in the dugout say anything to him? Anyone at all?

We can't know for sure, but I have a pretty good idea...

QuoteOriginally Posted by Sonicblast12 View Post
    Here's the key. Young players make mistakes, even though Martinez isn't even all that young. But did anyone in the dugout say anything to him? Anyone at all?
    That's a lousy excuse, the Cardinals are not a young team.

For all the hubbub about "The Cardinal Way" it's sure looking like it doesn't include fundamentals and thinking your way through a baseball game. The Cardinal Way is apparently boneheaded & sloppy.

Sitting back with your arms folded on autopilot isn't a way to manage. Expecting the "Cardinal way" to just magically happen is comical, it takes work from the players AND the coaching staff.

There's no accountability and it shows on the field. Bad management looks exactly the same, no matter the industry. The players don't care. Why would they?

Sitting back with your arms folded on autopilot isn't a way to manage. Expecting the "Cardinal way" to just magically happen is comical, it takes work from the players AND the coaching staff.

There's no accountability and it shows on the field. Bad management looks exactly the same, no matter the industry. The players don't care. Why would they?
    https://twitter.com/2xBirds/status/845078848098197504

199.9 miles east of mecca (Busch Stadium)
    QuoteOriginally Posted by TCB 6-4-3 View Post
    I agree with the overall point, but this one is not on Dejong. It's totally not his fault, the play was behind him and his 3rd base coach was waving him in. Maloney should be the one getting raked over the coals for this one, not Dejong.

Thanks for the rest of the story....I did not see the game yesterday (getting easier for me to miss them and not care) but I agree 100 percent...only way this is on DeJong is if he runs thru the third base coaches' STOP sign....if the player is his hustling and following coaches signs it's not on them....I could not coach third base...too conservative....I value outs too much....

QuoteOriginally Posted by Card fan in SWIN View Post
    Thanks for the rest of the story....I did not see the game yesterday (getting easier for me to miss them and not care) but I agree 100 percent...only way this is on DeJong is if he runs thru the third base coaches' STOP sign....if the player is his hustling and following coaches signs it's not on them....I could not coach third base...too conservative....I value outs too much....
    It was really stupid. Even Dan & Rick admitted that Maloney should not send Dejong down 4 runs (with only 1 out) unless he's SURE he will score easily.

After getting gunned down by 8+ feet Dejong had a look on his face like, "wtf, why did that idiot send me?"

Springs are different, for sure.

LaRussa worked them to the point of torment. it was interesting to watch because I always kinda felt that LaRussa believed that coaching that shit was for the minor leagues. But maybe that was just an impression he put out to put pressure on the front office (dude was playing chess all the time).

Because in the spring, that shit was no nonsense and task-oriented. They had work to do and LaRussa ensured they did it. He sure didn't act like someone that felt above teaching and by and large, his teams played very smart, focused baseball. The 'Cardinal Way' re-emerged under his command and I don't think it was by accident.

Matheny's camp was more relaxed and seemingly more ad-hoc. Guys seemed to enjoy themselves more but it also appears to be leading to a sloppiness that hasn't really gone away and in fact appears to be getting much worse.

Who needs base running instruction when there's ping pong to play, man!?!?!?!

QuoteOriginally Posted by Oz-iz-God View Post
    Springs are different, for sure.

LaRussa worked them to the point of torment. it was interesting to watch because I always kinda felt that LaRussa believed that coaching that shit was for the minor leagues. But maybe that was just an impression he put out to put pressure on the front office (dude was playing chess all the time).

Because in the spring, that shit was no nonsense and task-oriented. They had work to do and LaRussa ensured they did it. He sure didn't act like someone that felt above teaching and by and large, his teams played very smart, focused baseball. The 'Cardinal Way' re-emerged under his command and I don't think it was by accident.

Matheny's camp was more relaxed and seemingly more ad-hoc. Guys seemed to enjoy themselves more but it also appears to be leading to a sloppiness that hasn't really gone away and in fact appears to be getting much worse.
    I think they had a pretty good record in the Grape Fruit league but those are all no counters it appears they did not learn anything.

The cards are playing just like shannon does play by play. Takes off entire at bats. Sloppy execution and over reliance on what was. I stopped listening because of mike but stayed way for the shite product on the field.

The straw that broke Mikes back... came about 2 years after my backaches began...

So what did Mike actually say?

I've heard him pretty upset with the team this year. And it's not like he hasn't covered some flat ugly Cards teams in the past.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Judge Mental View Post

I've heard him pretty upset with the team this year. And it's not like he hasn't covered some flat ugly Cards teams in the past.
    I hear he quit dinking that's probably made him a angry man.

QuoteOriginally Posted by barnbird View Post
    I hear he quit dinking that's probably made him a angry man.
    Ballpark Village closed his restaurant. The "Outfield" is no more.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Judge Mental View Post

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2017/5/3...om-may-29-2017

"...You can't make these kind of mistakes, and we see this happen all the time with this Cardinal team."

There's more, too. He actually says the word "friggin'" out of frustration.