Thread: 'Top Gun' planning a sequel

'Top Gun' planning a sequel

Top Gun fans finally may be headed back to the danger zone, as Tom Cruise has confirmed the long-promised sequel to the 1986 hit is actually happening.

Its true, he told the Australia morning TV show Sunrise. Im going to start filming it probably in the next year. I know. Its happening. It is definitely happening.
    http://www.cbr.com/top-gun-2-tom-cruise/
    Register or log in to view signatures!

QuoteOriginally Posted by JMolina View Post
    http://www.cbr.com/top-gun-2-tom-cruise/

I heard......

The new story line oughta' bring "Goose" back to life, and together with "Iceman", launch from the Carl Vinson reportedly cruising in N. Korean waters (but really in Hawaii) to shoot down airborne Russian hackers right before the 2018 midterm elections..... I think there'll be great interest in such a sequel....no?

Val Kilmer has had health issues and the last I saw would never fit in the cockpit of a plane.

Yuck. Make it 100% about the jets and I will watch. Just delete the romance and the oiled up male volleyball.

He was attached to that project back before Tony Scott committed suicide. I figured it died with Scott.

but Cruise is really the only guy that could make that happen so if he's committed, I suspect we'll get something. And for all Cruise's goofiness, he's always enjoyable in his movies. That guy is balls to the walls every time.

I'm sure this will be watchable.

I wonder will Piscotty get another hit in his personal "Highway to the Danger Zone" before the movie gets released?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVRUxtPKK-w

{chills}

We will know 5 minutes into this movie whether or not it's a worthy successor.

I own every media version of this that has ever existed because I usually end up buying a new surround sound system on a similar pace as home media tech. So of course, this needs to be re-purchased to play the intro with the newest sound tech and flog the hell out of the system to put it through it's proper paces.

I even have it downloaded to my phone to try out audio systems on test drives. The Volvo XC90s absolutely wrecks it.
    Last edited by Oz-iz-God; 05-26-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Heaven for men and dogs, Hell for women and horses
    QuoteOriginally Posted by OzzieFan View Post
    Yuck. Make it 100% about the jets and I will watch. Just delete the romance and the oiled up male volleyball.
    The most homoerotic mainstream movie ever made.

QuoteOriginally Posted by RHinSD View Post
    I heard......

The new story line oughta' bring "Goose" back to life, and together with "Iceman", launch from the Carl Vinson reportedly cruising in N. Korean waters (but really in Hawaii) to shoot down airborne Russian hackers right before the 2018 midterm elections..... I think there'll be great interest in such a sequel....no?
    Actually, given recent news......looks like Mav and Ice will be trying to shoot down Jared Kushner in his Mig....ha ha!