Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Other games: 2017 Edition

Other games: 2017 Edition

Padres: just wow. Historically bad? Should be fascinating to watch.

Mets: Syndergaard leaves game with the dreaded "blister".

NL Central: The Cards are a Reds loss away (currently down 3-1 to the Phillies) from being the only team with a win...
    Register or log in to view signatures!

Hazelbaker with a pinch hit RBI double for AZ.

Ok which one of you did this
    http://www.12up.com/posts/4844632-vi...me?a_aid=40030

Aaron Judge just hit a home run that made all of Yankee stadium gasp. Usually that happens on the road.

And Stanton matched him today.

Those are some strong dudes.
    Last edited by Sonicblast12; 04-19-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Anybody see the exchange between Pedroia and Machado after that shit from Barnes on Sunday?

On Friday Machado had a late slide, his foot hit the bag and bounced up into Pedroia's calf. Obviously no intent there as Pedroia even stated afterwards.

On Sunday, Barnes fires a pitch behind Machado's head. He gets tossed and as Machado's back in the circle as the new pitcher is warming up Pedroia gets his attention and you can see him yell "That's not me. If it was me, I'd have hit you the first day" They talk a bit more, Machado says "c'mon man, you've gotta be smarter than that" and Pedroia says again "that's not me, that's bullshit. I'd have it you the first day back, yesterday. I know that, you know that. That's not me, that's them..."

https://twitter.com/MikeColeNESN/sta...53737312149507

Really interesting exchange. I have no idea what to think about it. I like Pedroia and the guy's as hard-nosed as they get. I don't love him distancing himself from his teammates like that but at the same time I do like that he spoke directly to Manny regarding some pretty obvious bullshit from an overzealous and ultimately irrelevant reliever.

I mean jesus, what if Matt Barnes: Fungible Reliever had actually drilled one of the best, most exciting baseball players on the planet in the dome and knocked him out for even a week. And hell, let's not act like the possibility didn't exist for something far worse.

Ah Will Leitch - usually worth the read:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...-slide-fallout

This is a shocking thing to witness: a large man who makes a living by being able to throw things hard using that professional ability and expertise to fire a hard object directly at the head of another person who has no way to defend himself, isn't carrying a shield or anything. In a sane world, most humans who watched that would think, "Man, that was a terrible thing to do."

That whole column -- which basically takes every turn it can to make sure it knocks over every "the Red Sox are always right even if they murdered a beloved family pet right in front of me" cone in the road -- is a fun experiment in seeing what happens when you encourage semi-sentient oxen to write about baseball.)

QuoteOriginally Posted by Oz-iz-God View Post
    Anybody see the exchange between Pedroia and Machado after that shit from Barnes on Sunday?

On Friday Machado had a late slide, his foot hit the bag and bounced up into Pedroia's calf. Obviously no intent there as Pedroia even stated afterwards.

On Sunday, Barnes fires a pitch behind Machado's head. He gets tossed and as Machado's back in the circle as the new pitcher is warming up Pedroia gets his attention and you can see him yell "That's not me. If it was me, I'd have hit you the first day" They talk a bit more, Machado says "c'mon man, you've gotta be smarter than that" and Pedroia says again "that's not me, that's bullshit. I'd have it you the first day back, yesterday. I know that, you know that. That's not me, that's them..."

https://twitter.com/MikeColeNESN/sta...53737312149507

Really interesting exchange. I have no idea what to think about it. I like Pedroia and the guy's as hard-nosed as they get. I don't love him distancing himself from his teammates like that but at the same time I do like that he spoke directly to Manny regarding some pretty obvious bullshit from an overzealous and ultimately irrelevant reliever.

I mean jesus, what if Matt Barnes: Fungible Reliever had actually drilled one of the best, most exciting baseball players on the planet in the dome and knocked him out for even a week. And hell, let's not act like the possibility didn't exist for something far worse.
    Ask Dickie Thon

Yeah, throw at Machado and put a chip on his shoulder so he can hit .700 against you for the rest of the season.

Jason Heyward just got on top of a letter high fastball on the outer third from a quality pitcher and blasted it out to RF.

I am not terribly comfortable with this development.
    Last edited by Oz-iz-God; 04-24-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Jason Heyward just got on top of a letter high fastball on the outer third from a quality pitcher and blasted it out to RF.

Apparently, the Flubs don't employ Jon Mabry as a hitting coach.

According to what I have read he has worked on his swing last winter and yeah if he gets it back with the rest of that crew look out.

Line drive too. He hit one deep into the right field seats the other day.

Hitting .294, higher than any Cardinal regular by a longshot.

Adams is SLUGGING .185.
    Last edited by Sonicblast12; 04-24-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Oh and Eric Thames just hit his 10th jack of the season. He'd sure look good playing first, hitting 4th, and making 5 million.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Sonicblast12 View Post

Adams is SLUGGING .185.
    That much?

Adams is SLUGGING .185.
    It was an alarming sight. Good hitters aren't able to get on top and around that pitch with any regularity. And he flipping smoked it.

The hr he hit to right yesterday was low middle and he waxed it.

I didn't see him hit either of those pitches with any authority a single time while in STL.

It was an alarming sight. Good hitters aren't able to get on top and around that pitch with any regularity. And he flipping smoked it.

The hr he hit to right yesterday was low middle and he waxed it.

I didn't see him hit either of those pitches with any authority a single time while in STL.
    Not once.

You really think it matters?

Kyle Schwarber 1-5 tonight with 4 strikeouts. He's hitting .212. Maybe the Cardinals need a new approach to pitching him.

Fenway Park is chock full of Cubs fans. Stomach turning.

QuoteOriginally Posted by sabertooth5185 View Post
    Fenway Park is chock full of Cubs fans. Stomach turning.
    Sox deserve it. Not a dime's worth of difference.

Sox and Cubs have at least one thing in common their ballparks are a joke.

The Nats destroyed the Mets today. Rendon went 6-6 with 3HR and a double. He drove in 10 runs. Incredible.

Our "friends" in KC with the worst record in the bigs. 7-16. It's early but....

Adam Eaton is out for the year with a torn ACL after slipping on first base.

Noah Syndergaard is out indefinitely w/ a torn lat muscle. He had missed his previous start w/ a sore arm and had an MRI scheduled for Friday but declined/refused to follow through.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Speedy G View Post
    Adam Eaton is out for the year with a torn ACL after slipping on first base.

Noah Syndergaard is out indefinitely w/ a torn lat muscle. He had missed his previous start w/ a sore arm and had an MRI scheduled for Friday but declined/refused to follow through.
    Damn, bad break for the Nats. They surrendered a ton to get him.

QuoteOriginally Posted by John D View Post
    Damn, bad break for the Nats. They surrendered a ton to get him.
    They also gave away Espinosa after the deal in order to move Turner to SS. If they still had Espinosa they could move Turner to CF and probably not be much worse off.

QuoteOriginally Posted by barnbird View Post
    Sox and Cubs have at least one thing in common their ballparks are a joke.
    Been to both. Loved Fenway. Hated Wrigley.

QuoteOriginally Posted by 85cards View Post
    Been to both. Loved Fenway. Hated Wrigley.
    Hated Fenway; hated a lot of Wrigley but if you're at the front of the upper bowl, it's actually a great spot. The rest of that stadium is just obstructed view crap.

I really wish that Manny Machado would've just gotten ahold of Chris Sale and beat him into a coma.

This mess is still going on 2 weeks after a 'controversy' that wasn't. And it's hilarious listening to sports radio and/or reading comments online because the ONLY people in the entire country defending the Red Sox are Red Sox fans and they're doing a piss-poor job of it.

I'd be embarrassed as hell to be a Red Sox fan right now.

Gausman got tossed w/o warning last night for hitting Bogaerts with a 77 mph curveball.

That umpire was sure proud of himself too.

That umpire was sure proud of himself too.
    He realized all those paying customers bought tickets to watch him ump a game.

Gausman deserved to get thrown out because of how horrible that pitch was. How do you throw a curveball 77 mph dead straight?

I was getting a haircut at Sport Clips and the Cubs/Yanks game was on. Wilson Contreras was nearly decapitated catching a throw from Heyward just as the runner was nearing home plate, (actually 10 feet up the line) and just as he turned, he took a shoulder to the side of the face mask. OUCH!!

Also-- and this is the reason I posted here-- last night, Edmonds called a homerun by Jerko that didn't leave, and then said he called it based on where the pitch was before he swung. Well, that happened with Schwarber batting in this same game. The pitch was on it's way to the plate and you could tell it was a homerun before he swung. If anyone is interested, catch the highlights and you'll see both.
    Gardiner hit a 3 run jack to win it for the Yanks with 2 outs in the 9th, by the way, so all is good.

Trout made a ridiculous catch in tonight's game. I'm sure you won't be able to find video of it because he made it look so easy and caught it standing up. Looked like he galloped a quarter mile to catch it.

Doing my best John Sterling impression. "Yankees win! Thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Yankees win!"

http://m.mlb.com/nyy/video/v13553259...d=clubMEGAMENU

How about that Yankees/Cubs ballgame last night? Chapman blew a 3-run lead in the bottom of the 9th to tie the score at 4 & that's where it stayed until the Yanks were able to score in the 18th.

There were a total of 48 strikeouts in this game. Both Castro & Gregorious both went 0-8 for the Yankees.

The mad scientist Joe Maddon double switched his pitcher into the cleanup spot in the 10th inning & that's where it remained for the remainder of the game. Maddon also managed to run out of position players around the 12th causing him to PH with Arietta, Lackey and Hendricks in final few innings (still in the cleanup spot) resulting in Rizzo being walks in his final 3 PAs.

The Yankees head to Cincinnati to play the Red tonight & the Cubs head out to Coors tonight.
    Last edited by TCB 6-4-3; 05-08-2017 at 08:33 AM.

QuoteOriginally Posted by TCB 6-4-3 View Post
    How about that Yankees/Cubs ballgame last night? Chapman blew a 3-run lead in the bottom of the 9th to tie the score at 4 & that's where it stayed until the Yanks were able to score in the 18th.

There were a total of 48 strikeouts in this game. Both Castro & Gregorious both went 0-8 for the Yankees.

The mad scientist Joe Maddon double switched his pitcher into the cleanup spot in the 10th inning & that's where it remained for the remainder of the game. Maddon also managed to run out of position players around the 12th causing him to PH with Arietta, Lackey and Hendricks in final few innings (still in the cleanup spot) resulting in Rizzo being walks in his final 3 PAs.

The Yankees head to Cincinnati to play the Red tonight & the Cubs head out to Coors tonight.
    Maddon is another dunce ala La Russa who bats the pitcher 8th. I could've won the World Series last year with that lineup.

Cubs were 24-6 at this point last year. http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...ate=2016-05-09

A little behind that pace now.

QuoteOriginally Posted by JMolina View Post
    Maddon is another dunce ala La Russa who bats the pitcher 8th. I could've won the World Series last year with that lineup.
    I actually like that, especially when he had Russell in the 9-hole.

I'd like to see Matheny make this move as long as Sierra is with the big club, actually.

Jameson Taillon reportedly has testicular cancer.

Tough season for the Pirates.

Giants and Reds go to 17 innings last night.

http://www.sfgate.com/giants/article...r-11143498.php

Padres win a thriller over the Brew crew

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ing/322168001/

MLB "investigating" Kevin Pillar for calling Motte a f*ggot after he quick pitched him. Lol. I wonder what those 1967 boys would think about that.

MLB "investigating" Kevin Pillar for calling Motte a f*ggot after he quick pitched him. Lol. I wonder what those 1967 boys would think about that.
    Toronto and Pillar have already issued lovey-squishy statements.

so sick of this.

what's wrong with a genuine sounding apology that sounds like it was written by the offender instead of a PR firm?!

"Crap, folks. In the heat of the moment, I said an offensive word I regret. It won't happen again. I'm sorry."

They should investigate Bautista for being an obnoxious shithead.

If you get a chance, listen to O'Flaherty's post game interview. Good stuff. "I'm surprised he still wants to fight after last year."

Freddie Freeman's wrist broken on a HBP. Out at least 8 weeks.

Sad for him and Atlanta and baseball. Dude was straight mashing. He's a top 5 hitter in the Universe.

Bautista is going to get drilled tonight and hopefully punched in the face again.

I'm assuming Motte will be provided with counseling and support to help him heal and get past this, after a couple of paid personal days off, of course.