Thread: Images, Signatures, Trash Bin. Thread for suggestions and comments.

Exclamation Images, Signatures, Trash Bin. Thread for suggestions and comments.

Images and signatures are back on by default for members. They are off by default for visitors to the board. If a member wants to turn images and signatures back off, they can do so in the settings menu to the upper right below the banner. If you are seeing it, you are choosing to see it.

The exception to the above concerns images in signatures. Those remain off. This allows those who want to see signatures not to have to surrender their screen space to the same image every time a user posts.

The Trash Bin is visible to members only. It is located in the same place where it has been since before 2006. If you go there, just remember that it may not be an eclair that you are picking up.

If you have comments of suggestions on these of other matters, please feel free to post them here.
    Register or log in to view signatures!

I'm unsure if it was available before, but the feature that increases the number of posts in a thread is nice to have and utilize.

Is there a way to update pages in real time without having to reload them constantly? I doubt it, but it's worth asking.

1) You can set posts per page in your settings.

2). There is an addon for firefox called Reload Every which will reload pages you choose on the interval you choose.

Tapatalk is now functioning again for tapatalk users.

Can we expect the archives to be functional at some point or have we just lost a fair amount of that content?

Oz,

All of the threads going back to August 2001 are accessible. You can change them in your Thread Display options in your userCP or at the bottom of the CRS forum page. If you're referring to the search function, I'm working on it.

Spitz

Why am I seeing "Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum to view images." everywhere?

That is the default setting that the administrators have chosen for the forum. See the first post in this thread.

But I am a member and have "Show Images" checked in my settings.

When I go into advanced reply mode I can see the images in the list of posts, but when I just view a thread I get the "guests cannot see images" message.

In the 'best TV series' thread, I cannot see images unless I go into advanced post. In the 'numbers of july' thread, I can see the gif oz posted of the guy with the big glove. What the heck? I am gonna post an image here and see what happens.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum to view images.
    Last edited by Speedy G; 07-30-2014 at 11:34 AM.

I can see that one. Here's the one from the TV thread that I can't see:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum to view images.

I can see that one, too, but not the same image posted by paulie in the TV thread.

I have gone in and looked at your settings and everything looks to me in order. I will defer to Denethor to look at this and provide an answer

QuoteOriginally Posted by Zerubbabel View Post
    I have gone in and looked at your settings and everything looks to me in order. I will defer to Denethor to look at this and provide an answer
    I went back through the 'TV' thread, and I can see most of the images in there, but not the ones on the last page.

I just posted in the 'Who will Mo get?' thread. There is an image posted in there that I can see fine. But, in another post quoting that post, I get "Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum to view images." in the quote bubble where that image should be.

Images, Signatures, Trash Bin. Thread for suggestions and comments.

Speedy,

I'll be looking into this for you today.

Go ahead and give things a look and tell me what you see.

Spitz
    Last edited by Spitz; 07-30-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Seems to be working now. Thanks! Let me know if there is something I did that I should avoid in the future.

Glad it works.

For future reference, it has to do with style settings. The style the forum defaults to for guests does not show pictures. I recommend all users pick a default style in their usercp to avoid Speedy's problem.

The "search" function is now back at full strength.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Spitz View Post
    The "search" function is now back at full strength.
    Mr. Peabody thanks you.

When I try to edit a post, or am previewing a post in advanced mode, in the reply box the text at the edge of the screen tends to repeat itself at the start of the next line.

For example, if I quote the first post in this thread, then "Go Advanced," I see this in the reply box:

[QUOTE=Zerubbabel;1061570]Images and signatures are back on by default for members. They are off by default for visitors to the board. If a member wants
    board. If a member wants to turn images and signatures back off, they can do so in the settings menu to the upper right below the banner. If you are seeing it
    banner. If you are seeing it, you have chosen to see it.

Anything that can be done about that?

EDIT: Forgot some of the text in blue. Strangely, when I highlight text in the reply box, the duplications disappear.
    Last edited by Speedy G; 08-11-2014 at 12:24 PM.

[QUOTE=Speedy G;1065071]When I try to edit a post, or am previewing a post in advanced mode, in the reply box the text at the edge of the screen tends to repeat itself at the start of the next line.

For example, if I quote the first post in this thread, then "Go Advanced," I see this in the reply box:

Quote Originally Posted by Zerubbabel View Post
    Images and signatures are back on by default for members. They are off by default for visitors to the board. If a member wants
    board. If a member wants to turn images and signatures back off, they can do so in the settings menu to the upper right below. If you are seeing it
    QuoteOriginally Posted by Zerubbabel View Post

I sure wouldn't want to read that trash more than once.

Speedy,
    It's not a problem I can duplicate or have heard of before. If the duplications disappear when you highlight them, it sounds like an issue on your end. Are you using an up to date browser with your screen resolution set at a proper value? Those are the only solutions I can think of off the top of my head. Also, make sure you are properly closing your "quote" tags.
    Spitz

QuoteOriginally Posted by Speedy G View Post
    When I try to edit a post, or am previewing a post in advanced mode, in the reply box the text at the edge of the screen tends to repeat itself at the start of the next line.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerubbabel View Post
    Images and signatures are back on by default for members. They are off by default for visitors to the board. If a member wants
    board. If a member wants to turn images and signatures back off, they can do so in the settings menu to the upper right below the banner. If you are seeing it

EDIT: Forgot some of the text in blue. Strangely, when I highlight text in the reply box, the duplications disappear.

GOOCH is offlineReal OG: "Original Gooch"
    QuoteOriginally Posted by Speedy G View Post
    I can see that one, too, but not the same image posted by paulie in the TV thread.
    I am having the same problem as Speedy G. If I look at the normal thread -- I get the "images cannot be seen by guests" deal but I can see the image above. Weird.

I have to ask -- what is the motivation for keeping images off for guests? Is it security related? I'm just wondering if its more trouble than its worth. D.GOOCH

So I could see the Paulie Walnuts pic...now I can't. Haven't changed a thing in my settings. And I remain logged in. Tried logging out, clearing cookies, and logging back in. But still can't see it -- says "guests...etc." despite the fact I'm logged in as a registered member and despite the fact I have "images" clicked in my settings. Frustrating.

D.GOOCH

Don. See post 18 in this thread.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Spitz View Post
    Don. See post 18 in this thread.
    Ah! That did the trick! Thanks Spitz!

D.GOOCH

Scott or spitz can you change my settings so I can see the images I just cannot find anywhere in my profile to unblock them. Thanks

Been a while .

I see your pinnacle of "chicken- shit"- edness , your trash bin , has been rendered merely a "part" of your lead sticky these days .

You all DO realize that you have rendered yourselves irrelevant , largely due to your "trash bin", a place born of the lack of fire to defend yourselves . At least it looks like the remainders here have come to some sort of realization that you have cut your own nuts off. You really should do away with it altogether .... just makes you look like a bunch of fearful old coots.

oops , my bad - your corner for the bad boys still has a stool . ......... one couldn't see it unless privileged by membership and logging in .

so "fearful old coots" holds pretty true still

but carry on ..... and don't let anyone talk mean to you
    Last edited by irksomenat; 12-19-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Who are you?

hey , didn't you USED TO BE

JD ?

Jeebus, Irk. Either come back or don't...but if you do, try a different schtick.

QuoteOriginally Posted by sabertooth5185 View Post
    Jeebus, Irk. Either come back or don't...but if you do, try a different schtick.
    I check back in every once in a while HOPING for relevance and some semblance of what this place once was .

I am sorry to have presumed a step in the right direction in putting forth what WAS a compliment ..... til I saw that presumption not to be the case and that your "trash bin" simply wasn't exposed to the casual visitor (as if there were any).

so I DO visit .....it's just like seeing grandpa and grandma in the nursing home and I do it about as often as one would expect that .

......... and I TRY to help you in your quest to restore relevance ....... but as usual , my warnings go unheeded .

so who's birthday is next ?